IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts” is a course offered by Google in collaboration with Coursera. This course is part of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate program and focuses on cybersecurity and defense against various threats in the digital world. It’s designed for individuals who want to learn about IT security and how to protect computer systems and networks from cyberattacks.
Build your Security expertise
This course is part of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Learn new concepts from industry experts
- Gain a foundational understanding of a subject or tool
- Develop job-relevant skills with hands-on projects
- Earn a shareable career certificate from Google
There are 7 modules in this course
This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options.
The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team.
At the end of this course, you’ll understand:
- how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations.
- various authentication systems and types.
- the difference between authentication and authorization.
- how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk.
- best practices for securing a network.
- how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves.